A. Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, Botany, Zoology, Nepali, Computer Science, Accountancy, Economics
B. Qualifications & Skills
- At least Master’s degree (preferably M. Phil.) in the relevant subject. Candidates with strong academic background will be given priority.
- A minimum of three years of experience in teaching Grade 11–12 course in a reputed college/s or university.
- Must be competent and dynamic, and have belief in collaborative approach.
- Should be familiar with an inquiry–based instruction and experiential learning.
- Must have passion for teaching, strong work ethics and positive learning attitudes.
- Should be conversant with the latest computer technology and software / applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Meet, Microsoft Team, Zoom, Email, etc), and must be able to use these platforms and tools.
- Should be outcome–oriented, and committed towards achieving the vision of the school.
C. Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach and educate according to the syllabus of the National Curriculum and directives of the competent authority.
- To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment of individual students entrusted to his / her care by the senior authorities.
- To support the leadership team in the smooth functioning of the academic or non–academic activities of the school.
D. Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons by taking classes as per the daily routine.
- Ensure the designated course content for the academic session is completed well within the stipulated time frame.
- Teach according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment of the individual students and groups of students.
- Assign work / assignments and projects, correct and mark regularly work / assignments carried out by his / her students, and provide timely feedback to the students.
- Maintain, and document the record and the evaluation of assignments, classwork, projects work of students. Grading of the same is part of the continuous internal evaluation that forms the progress of the student for each term of the academic session.
- Model effective classroom management and instructional techniques to ensure collaborative and participatory approach on the part of the students.
- Present a pleasing persona that befits an academic professional.
- Ensure discipline and decorum is maintained within the classroom and establish an environment in which students can practice self-discipline.
- Maintain good order and discipline among pupils and safeguard their health and safety at any time and place when students are under his / her care.
- Strictly adhere to the academic planner with respect to the academic session, internal examinations, holidays and vacations.
- Take on the responsibility to correct, analyse and evaluate the terminal examination answers sheets, and submit the same within the stipulated time to Academic Coordinator / Academic In–charge / Principal.
- Conduct additional substitution classes as and when required, in the absence of the designated teacher.
- Contribute to the invigilation duty during the internal examinations as per the schedule prepared prior by the senior authorities.
- Prepare and present a comprehensive report on student progress, during Parent–Teacher Meeting (PTM), and discuss with parents on issues such as academic activities, student learning, aptitude and attitude.
- Participate in staff, group or general meetings for the better organization and administration of the school and for the best interest of the students, attend school programmes such as seminars, workshops, formal and informal events.
- Ensure to be present in the school premises at least 15 minutes before the classes begin for the day.
- Ensure to inform and confirm leaves to be taken, when necessary, well in advance from the concerned authority.
- Encourage / enforce students to bring their individual study materials, text books and work-books in the respective subject to the classroom, and strongly discourage borrowing of such materials.
- Participate in the planning, development and implementation of extra-curricular activities, and auxiliary activities such as athletic events, music festivals, after school clubs and field trips.
- Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters, and on their further education and future careers including information about sources of more expert advice.
- Suggest appropriate changes in, and ensure adherence to the approved policies, practices and procedures within his / her area of responsibility.
- Assist the leadership team in checking the attire of students, and ensure the dress code is maintained as per the directives of the school.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or classes entrusted to him / her.
- Communicate, consult and co-operate with other members of the school staff including those in the administration and parents in the interest of students.
- Participate in personal training and professional development as a teacher, and contribute to the professional development of new teachers.
- Review and evaluate his / her methods of teaching and learning, advise and co-operate with the Head of Department, Programme Coordinator / Principal and other teachers in the preparation of annual teaching lesson plan, assessment, teaching–learning materials and pastoral care of students.