IT Club of NSS is a unit of an institution conducted by students and supervised by Mentors. The purpose of the IT club is to give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out various IT related activities, workshops, training and various event in and out of school. In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and student welfare, the IT Club is the gateway of student body towards learning various aspects of computer science making it familiar with all the student by conducting regular events and programs. IT Club help the students feel the essence of computer science in daily life and importance of IT in modern day environment.
The function of the IT Club is based upon parliamentary procedures. Ideas are presented voted upon and confirmed by the student body President. Any student that is interested in learning innovative ideas, leadership, organizational behavior, event planning or becoming more involved in the school computer related programs can involve themselves in. IT Club members bring ideas, requests, and feedback to the meetings and a democratic process is used to give students a voice and make decisions in creating a year-long calendar.
IT Club usually have a handbook that outlines each component of the council’s responsibilities, roles and policies.
Roles of the President of IT Club
- To promote the interests of students in computer science among the school administration, staff and parents.
- To spread the excitement about the converging world of information technology.
- To help student share ideas, learn and communicate with each other and get optimum benefit out of computer course.
- To help educate the student community about the new digital technology.
- To consult students on any issues related to technology usage on the school.
- To organize financial campaigns for technological development and implementation in school.
- To participate in developing the computer science projects and to promote it to students.
- To propose IT related events and activities to the school administration that would improve the quality of life in the school and ease school day to day operation.
- To promote practical based learning rather than theoretical approach.
- To manage and maintain the computer science lab for its optimum use.
Roles of the President of IT Club
- To act as official spokesperson for the Club in its relations with the students and the school administration.
- To call meetings of the Club and to prepare the agendas.
- To chair the meeting of the Club.
- To supervise the tasks of the Club members.
- To represent the students on official IT events and Program.
Roles of the executive Vice President of IT Club
- To advise and assist the President.
- To coordinate the work of non-electes students involved in the organization of club activities: training, events, workshops, lab work, project, case study etc.
- To replace the President when she or he cannot be present.
Roles of the Secretary General of IT Club
- To write up the minutes of ever Club meeting.
- To publish and distribute all the documents necessary for meetings.
- To write and classify the correspondence of the Club.
Roles of the Treasurer of IT Club
- To keep club accounts up to date.
- To raise the fund for club events.
- To keep transparency in fund usage and maintenance.
- To make purchases.
- To provide full information about the club finances whenever the club wishes to see it.
Roles of all IT Club members
- Communicate ideas from the student body to the Club.
- Report to the class the results of club actions.
- Serve in or chair committees.
- Volunteer as needed
Meetings among club members are conducted when there is an event organized for the student body.
After every 15 days there is a meeting for the club to keep up to date with each other.
With the roles and responsibilities mentioned above the student IT Club prepares and participates in large IT events each year.